pan vin number

Identifaction of VIN, case numbers and cylinder heads
otis

Post by otis »

Just for discussion sake, I have personally seen a couple of true Harley VINs stamped with an EX. All were at Dale Walksler's Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie valley NC. From what I understand the EX designated that the motors were experimental in nature and Dale's motors have some interesting castings and modifications. From what I remember though, the EX stamp was on early production motors ('36) and one big twin flathead (37UX). Also the X stamped VINs were not stamped as art of normal production numbers since they only had one or two numbers stamped after the X. You might want to contact Dale for any specifics. Good luck but it sounds fishy...

VPH-D

Post by VPH-D »

Your serial number should read 50E, 50EL, 50F, OR 50FL. The confidential numbers must be no later than 50, and are just visible next to the skid plate. Your individual serial number could have either 4 or 5 digits. Your picture seems to show a pre-52 style set of cases. I, too, have only seen EX stamped on a couple of Dale Walksler's obviously non-standard machines.

Return to “VIN / Cases / Heads”