Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
All flathead topics
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hi, does clutch hub nut washer P.N.2515-41A get peened to nut? Or stay flat? This is the second one I have,and both are without tabs to bend onto nut as were on other bikes I've had.
- Posts: 63
- Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:29 pm
- Bikes: 1946 WR,1946 UL,1956 KHK,2000 FXSTD
1946 18M AJS
1968 B25 BSA
1982 CX500TC Honda
2015 KTM RC390
- Location: South Carolina
Use a small punch and bend the lock washer into the notches of the clutch hub nut in several places after nut is tightened.
You already got your answer here, I was just going to add that I buy the tabbed lock washers in bulk, and always use a new one instead of bending the tabs over again. They tend to break off, as you know because yours have already done so.
- Posts: 4719
- Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:09 am
- Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...
Actually his have not broken off as he is asking about a 45 nut, not BT which is entirely different. But as you say, best not to use them over for either model.
Thanks for honesty and knowledge, it's a unmeasurable help
- IMG_5963.JPG (111.58 KiB) Viewed 44 times
- IMG_5962.JPG (111.64 KiB) Viewed 44 times
- IMG_5961.JPG (101.53 KiB) Viewed 44 times