Engine does not run hot

bullidetlef

Engine does not run hot

Post by bullidetlef » Wed May 04, 2005 7:45 am

Hello,
I've got a very big problem. My 49'er Pan runs and starts very well, when the engine is cold. After a few seconds, i don't have to stop the engine, because it wont start again before it is cold. When it is work, the engine runs very well. I use the originale spark plugs and a 38' Dellorto carburator. All ignition parts are new.
Perhaps some one knows this problem and can help me.
Thanks for answer.
Detlef Persson

dirtydistrict
Bikes: 2010 road king at the moment. Won't last long

Re: Engine does not run hot

Post by dirtydistrict » Wed May 04, 2005 12:45 pm

Hi Bullidetlef; Cotten's rule: you've got a manifold leak; I had the same trouble with my ironhead sports some years ago; pressure test your manifold as it is described on some previous post.

bullidetlef

Post by bullidetlef » Wed May 04, 2005 7:51 pm

thank you. I will try it.
''Hi Bullidetlef; Cotten's rule: you've got a manifold leak; I had the same trouble with my ironhead sports some years ago; pressure test your manifold as it is described on some previous post.''

bullidetlef

Post by bullidetlef » Fri May 06, 2005 4:23 pm

I have try it. Controled every screw. It doesn't metter. Engine runs as bad as before Sad But it was a good idea!!

dereborn
Bikes: .

Post by dereborn » Fri May 06, 2005 7:31 pm

Hi Detlef! It's not enough just to check the nuts and bolts around the manifold. You have to pressure test it. Search this forum for details how it's done! (Or just call out for cotten...!)

Rainjester

Post by Rainjester » Sat May 07, 2005 3:14 am

Sounds like it may be a manifold leak. To pressure test it, take a look at the following link that was previously mentioned: http://virtualindian.org/11techleaktest.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jester-

Return to “Troubleshooting”