Bikes: 1946 WL
1948-ish Pan
1991 FXLR
2007 FXDB Street Bob

Re: I need a chopper in my life

Post by Mark44 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:22 am

Pete808 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:53 am
Haven't made much progress on anything lately. Any of you guys lose interest in this stuff and just put it aside for a while? I am trying to get motivated to finish at least one of the bikes I have but I can't bring myself to do any work on them. The other day I tried to do a couple little things in the garage but got annoyed due to the heat and made very little progress. Basically I put the bars on and laid the seat down on the fender to see where I have to cut the fender at. Looks like I will be moving in June and will probably lose the garage so I have to get to work to get all these running so I can sell 2 and keep 2.
Hi Pete,
Is your house on the Leeward side of the island? From the vegetation behind your house, it reminded me of the hill that Makakilo is on. I was over that way a couple weeks ago, visiting my mom in Kapolei, who's been living at my sister's house there. The weather was warm during the day, about 80 to 85 degrees, but cooler at night. Of course, the windows were open all the time.

Next time I'm on Oahu, maybe I can look you up.

Pete808
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 47 EL
47 UL
58 FLH gone but not forgotten
76 banana glide chopper thing
76 CB550 SUPERSPORT

Re: I need a chopper in my life

Post by Pete808 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:23 pm

Mark44 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:22 am
Pete808 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:53 am
Haven't made much progress on anything lately. Any of you guys lose interest in this stuff and just put it aside for a while? I am trying to get motivated to finish at least one of the bikes I have but I can't bring myself to do any work on them. The other day I tried to do a couple little things in the garage but got annoyed due to the heat and made very little progress. Basically I put the bars on and laid the seat down on the fender to see where I have to cut the fender at. Looks like I will be moving in June and will probably lose the garage so I have to get to work to get all these running so I can sell 2 and keep 2.
Hi Pete,
Is your house on the Leeward side of the island? From the vegetation behind your house, it reminded me of the hill that Makakilo is on. I was over that way a couple weeks ago, visiting my mom in Kapolei, who's been living at my sister's house there. The weather was warm during the day, about 80 to 85 degrees, but cooler at night. Of course, the windows were open all the time.

Next time I'm on Oahu, maybe I can look you up.
Im in Hawaii Kai, other side of the island. Kapolei is too far for me for work, I have considered moving out there since housing is more affordable but I can't handle the traffic. Yeah hit me up next time you come out here.

Return to “Shovelhead”