WTB. Flathead

KennethN
Bikes: 2016 Forty Eight

WTB. Flathead

Post by KennethN » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:54 am

Hi,

Im a 32 year old guy from Norway that has fallen completely in love with these fabulous old bikes after i visited Sturgis.

Im looking for a flathead, U or WL. All depending on what pops up for sale.
Im not after a custom bike, as what i like about these bikes is the original civil design. Never driven one, but im sure i will like that as much as i like the desing.

I have used the past year on reading up on this subject, following sales ads and ebay for bikes for sale, along with facebook pages, and many many threads on this forum/knowledge base for technical information.
A while ago I found a beautiful 47 UL on HDmotorcyclesforsale.com that proved to be scam just before i transferred the money. This situation scared me a bit and i decided to slow down the chase for my dreambike.
Now the summer is here and im starting chasing again :) Struggling as im currently without a bike. My previous Harley sold this January.

If anyone here has a bike for sale, please contact me. Or post here in case there are other silent watchers like me out there.

I didn't mention price range above and some of you might question that im searching for a 45 or a 74. But i like both of the two models and what im really looking for is the right bike for me with the right look, where price and condition is in balance.
Doesn't have to be all original parts and in show condition, neither a project in boxes. Preferably something in-between the two.

Looking forward to hear from you guys.

Kenneth

kitabel
Bikes: 2008 96" Fat Boy TC

Re: WTB. Flathead

Post by kitabel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:23 pm

Welcome!
Appears trivial, but very important to many people: how big & tall are you? Many choose the big twin (EL, FL, UL) because they "feel silly" on the smaller bike.

KennethN
Bikes: 2016 Forty Eight

Post by KennethN » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks! Very good point, I sat on a WLA once and cant recall getting that feeling. But i will need to do some checks on this. Im 6ft tall and regular size.

Kenneth

kitabel
Bikes: 2008 96" Fat Boy TC

Post by kitabel » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm

The wheelbase, wheel sizes, fork length, bars and tanks are all really close, but the "visual" especially of the engine is different.

hplhd
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1998 heritage springer
1959 FLH

Post by hplhd » Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:01 pm

KennethN, did you see this ? viewtopic.php?f=233&t=18467

dcmc
Bikes: 46FL,55flh

Post by dcmc » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:58 am

Hi,
did you go to other site and follow the build ?
contact the seller, check out his join date on both sites, read his posts, make up your own mind .

Return to “Bikes Wanted”