Wheels & Brakes, and a minor setback.

Show or brag about your projects or rebuilds.
drinner-okc
Bikes: 1965 ElectraGlide
1953 HydraGlide
Pan Super Glide
47 EL Knucklehead w/ Sidecar (Basket)

Wheels & Brakes, and a minor setback.

Post by drinner-okc » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:08 am

While I wait for the engine work to continue, there is a hunnert things I can do, I bought this
Pan with Aluminum 9-spoke mags & disc brakes, The brakes are shot, and it needed tires.
I have a mechanical rear brake set-up, and a Hydra-Glide front end and drum brake set-up.
I have been buying Star Hub wheels for a future project, and had enough to share with the Pan. So I dig out the front brake and what do I see? A little-bitty hole with a bearing in it.
Dang, a 67-72 front brake. So I unload the rest of the parts (the wheels are all at the back)
to get to a rusty all black (probably Police) Mid Star wheel. I unlaced the hub & cleaned it,
then laced it with a rim & spokes from my 65 ElectraGlide, when I replaced both rims and
installed stainless spokes.
Then I went to the rear wheel, I bought it at a swapmeet with a 58-62 rear brake & a swingarm. It was laced wierd, and the valve stem was on the drum side. The rim is a cheap
aftermarket with rust & flaking chrome. It may be good to blast & paint black, we'll see.
I laced it to the other 65 rim, reusing the chrome spokes. The chrome wheel wit the 19"
rim is what I planned on lacing for the front end. Eventually I'll get parts for the brake to
use a Star Hub.
Attachments
Mid Star, cleaned and laced to a so/so rim. not trued yet.
Mid Star, cleaned and laced to a so/so rim. not trued yet.
000_0030.jpg (71.5 KiB) Viewed 656 times
I was going to use this chrome hub on the front. I will still someday.
I was going to use this chrome hub on the front. I will still someday.
000_0033.jpg (59.51 KiB) Viewed 656 times
All Chrome wheel &amp; rear brake,<br />cleaned, lubed and laced, but not trued either.
All Chrome wheel & rear brake,
cleaned, lubed and laced, but not trued either.
000_0027.jpg (64.42 KiB) Viewed 656 times

Return to “Projects”