SARGENT STRIPES / TOOL BOX LOCK

Show or brag about your projects or rebuilds.
FLHMAN880

SARGENT STRIPES / TOOL BOX LOCK

Post by FLHMAN880 »

I JUST BOUGHT 4 NOS SARGENT STRIPES AT OLEY SWAPMEET, I HAVE TWO BLACK ONES A RED ONE AND A WHITE ONE, CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE CORRECT SEQUENCE, LIKE THE TWO BLACKS GO ON THE TOP, THEN THE WHITE ETC, I HAVE A TAILPIECE THAT I HAVE NOT STRAIGHTENED YET, SO I CANT QUITE FIGURE HOW THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GO, COULD NOT FIND INFO IN PALMERS. ALSO LOOKING FOR TOOL BOX LOCK FOR 49 TO 54 RIBBED TOOL BOX, CAN ANYONE HELP OUT? THANKS

FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Re: SARGENT STRIPES / TOOL BOX LOCK

Post by FlatHeadSix »

FLHMAN

There are six sergeant stripes, each one has a different part number, 3 left, 3 right, top, middle, bottom, and they were all polished stainless steel, never painted.

If you have a complete correct set the placement on the fender will be easy to figure out because each one will only match the fender contour when placed in its correct location and orientation.

mike

FLHMAN880

Re: SARGENT STRIPES / TOOL BOX LOCK

Post by FLHMAN880 »

THANKS MIKE, EACH ONE HAS A SMALL PAINTED LINE OF COLORED PAINT ON THE BACKSIDE. FROM WHAT I CAN UNDERSTAND, THERE ARE SUPPOSEDTO BE 2 REDS(LEFT& RIGHT), 2 BLACKS (LEFT & RIGHT), AND 2 WHITES (LEFT & RIGHT), I THOUGHT THAT SOMEONE MIGHT KNOW IF THE SEQUENCE, SHOULD IT BE BLACK ON TOP, WHITE IN MIDDLE,THEN RED OR VICE VERSA, OR WHATHAVEYOU. I ONLY HAVE 4 OF THEM, 2 BLACKS A RED AND A WHITE, I WILL STILL BE HUNTING FOE ANOTHER RED AND A WHITE. THE TAILPIECE THAT I HAVE IS PRETTY MANGLED UP, I ALREADY TRIED TO LAY THEM ON IT TO SEE HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO GO, BUT ITS TOO OUT OF SHAPE. ANYHOW, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP MIKE. FLHMAN 880

Return to “Projects”