49 EL Project

Show or brag about your projects or rebuilds.
panz4ever
Bikes: EL, FXE & FLH

49 EL Project

Post by panz4ever » Mon May 18, 2009 5:01 pm

The start to make her whole again... original parts include frame, seat post and tee bar, fender and sliders (49 only), stainless cow bells, Kelsey Hayes rim, handlebars, brake drum, upper and lower triple trees, hub and axle parts, solid risers, riser bolts, nuts and top clamp, brake lever and components, dash assembly and electrical terminal block. NOS parts include brake cable and tube, headlight mount. Using stainless spokes and nipples (for ease of maintenance). The brake backing plate is cast with the 49 number; still looking for the correct one that has the 48 number at the end. Firestone tires from Coker, repop stainless fender trim that actually fits well. Paint is obviously not correct for 49, but eventually I will work back to it. The tanks are OEM but the rear fender I will mount sometime this week is an ebay repop I got for 90 bucks . My original is pretty thrashed and I am not sure if I will try to repair it or look for a better one.

The goal is to have the 49 look close to something original and eventually correct that which is not. In the long interim I intend to put some serious miles on her.
Attachments
CIMG0609.JPG
CIMG0609.JPG (183.29 KiB) Viewed 914 times

RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: 49 EL Project

Post by RUBONE » Mon May 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Looking mighty fine!
Robbie

Return to “Projects”