Create your own blog: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17487

Harleys in Cuba

Information on meetings & events
Cubanharlistas
Bikes: Fat Boy

Harleys in Cuba

Post by Cubanharlistas » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:43 am

Dear all,
thank you for accepting us in your great community.

We are italian friends who love motorbikes and travels and during a trip to Cuba years ago, we discovered an incredible passion for Harley
Davidson that leads a team of Cuban bikers to keep alive their unique models against the Embargo that make impossible to get any
replacement parts.

The devotion to their motorbikes, mechanical and engineering skills (they build replacement parts by themselves!), the unique models they
ride, the fantastic Cuban scenario and the story of MOCLA (Classic Motorcycles of Cuba) with its founder "Pepe Milesima" and the now
president Louis Enrique lead us to come back to Cuba and shoot an hi res documentary to tell their story.

It's not just a movie, but we are trying to help those riders to get replacement parts and to increase their visibility across the web in order to help them keeping alive their passion and this travelling museum of unique motorbikes.

Big companies, we have contacted, have joined the cause providing tires and support.

We would really appreciate if you could support us spreading this story among your great community.

Obviously if you are interested, we can update this thread with fantastic pictures and unique interviewsIf you want to get more info, we are building a community on Myspace
www.myspace.com/cubanharlistas and Facebook, and we have launched the official movie website on www.cubanharlistas.com

Thank you for your attention
All the best

Cubanharlistas

Cubanharlistas
Bikes: Fat Boy

Re: Harleys in Cuba

Post by Cubanharlistas » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:37 pm

Those are some pics from the movie "Cuban Harlistas".
Stay tuned on http://www.cubanharlistas.com and http://www.myspace.com/cubanharlistas to get updates!;D

panz4ever

Post by panz4ever » Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:55 pm

Can't wait for our government to get off its ass and normalize relations with Cuba. I told my wife the day it happens we are booking an immediate flight there. Hope you keep posting and updating here and on your website. Definitely gives me (and I am sure many) something to look forward to.

58flh
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:23 pm

I know this is a old post--But I was on a site in JAPAN!--They have more Vintage machines under 1-clubs roof then you see in the states!-(pun intended)-But seriously I have never seen sooo many Dual-Linkert knucks,Pans,Big Flatties& they keep them as they got them/All nice & crusted,Rusted-I didnt see any Show type of bobbers or choppers /just VERY NICE RATBIKES!.I checked one of the U-Tube clips & a skinny little nothing of a girl fired a duel-linkert knuck in 2-primer & 1-hot!.Then I checked out some other things I couldnt read but new the bike & Man They have some real nice OEM runners there.I was in disbelief.All the rats had nice & clean motors thats all & thats just a given.I seen 2-knucks with the solid rim-(KELSY).Some had options on them that others would better explain then myself.but I did see OEM racks on a few rigid pans/some bumpers just a PLEASURE to see!---Respectfully----Richie

Return to “Meetings & Events”