HANDLBARS FOR 50 FL USING TURN SIGNAL SWITCH (DH-50)

RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: HANDLBARS FOR 50 FL USING TURN SIGNAL SWITCH (DH-50)

Post by RUBONE » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:29 pm

Beets,
the only difference in the two switches is the brass plunger within. The Hi/lo and spotlight switch have a plunger with a rounded point. the directionals have a plunger with a groove across the center of the point which allows it to sort of click into position on the center switch bar and not complete a circuit. The off position. You can change the plunger or modify the one you have.
Robbie

beets
Bikes: 56 FL, 07 Goldwing ,91 BMW K75

Post by beets » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:31 pm

RUBONE wrote:Beets,
the only difference in the two switches is the brass plunger within. The Hi/lo and spotlight switch have a plunger with a rounded point. the directionals have a plunger with a groove across the center of the point which allows it to sort of click into position on the center switch bar and not complete a circuit. The off position. You can change the plunger or modify the one you have.
Robbie
Thanks Robbie,

Where can I find a plunger with the groove? I would rather replace than modify.

beets
Bikes: 56 FL, 07 Goldwing ,91 BMW K75

Post by beets » Wed May 09, 2012 4:34 pm

RUBONE wrote:Beets,
Robbie
UPDATE:
I took the switch apart for the first time and found a groove as RUBONE described.
I aligned the plunger correctly and now the switch clicks as it should. I think a PO had it apart and didn't align the groove.

Now to find a 6V flasher.

Return to “Handlebars & Cables”