Digital speedometer

All Panhead related topics
Gotnoclass
Bikes: 58FLH

Re: Speedometer up grade

Post by Gotnoclass » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 am

Don P wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:44 pm
For all the whiz kids and crusty old bikers. Has any one converted to a digital speedometer or tried to do so. Is it possible? Does someone make a kit to do it?
I’ve used a Dakota Digital electronic speedometer on a custom build. They sell a compatible sensor that picks up via magnet from your lug bolts. You will have to “teach” the speedometer how to read the speed by either on a dunk belt or have a buddy ride or drive besides you with a cruise control unit at a pre-determined speed.
I installed one back in 2008 and it still works like magic.

Buddhahoodvatoloco
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1969 FLF
1937 EL Sold
1949 rat bike Sold
1946 FL Sold
1940 U
1937 EL

Post by Buddhahoodvatoloco » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:51 pm

Good post, offering the gent a real, viable solution, kudos to ya cowboy.
Gotnoclass wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 am
Don P wrote:
For all the whiz kids and crusty old bikers. Has any one converted to a digital speedometer or tried to do so. Is it possible? Does someone make a kit to do it?
I’ve used a Dakota Digital electronic speedometer on a custom build. They sell a compatible sensor that picks up via magnet from your lug bolts. You will have to “teach” the speedometer how to read the speed by either on a dunk belt or have a buddy ride or drive besides you with a cruise control unit at a pre-determined speed.

Don P
Bikes: 1951 Panhead (FL)

Post by Don P » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Gotnoclass wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:26 am
Don P wrote:
Appreciate the info. I'm going to look into it

Return to “Panhead”