Security System For a Pan

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Northman
Bikes: 1958 Fl

Security System For a Pan

Post by Northman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:34 pm

If you have a 12 volt system this may be of intrest to you. I installed a cyclone alarm this past winter and it was fairly simple. Nothing simple about the unit itself, very hi tech and the size of a pack of smokes and can be mounted in various locations as long as in the horizontal position. Many features.... tilt, shock, ign. cut off, wire cut,switch on, sleep mode, auto on, manual on & off, etc. sensitivity is adjustable. can be set up to page/dial you. Chirp and siren alarm or silent.

I realize that a kick start bike is rather secure being that most folks now days would be pushing the horn button to start.... pushing the bike away is a diferent matter or if you have electric start. With that in mind I wanted to do what I could to prevent sitting on, poking around, and other poor intentions.

I don't have any vested intrest in the company, this is small and self contained unit and is performing well and figured others may have an interest.

Northman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

panhandler
Bikes: 1963 FL mod

Re: Security System For a Pan

Post by panhandler » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:05 pm

my security is by Smith and Wesson, 4 nites a week, you have to guess which nites.... :D Keith

Happy Fathers' Day, BTW....

58flh
Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner

Post by 58flh » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:52 am

Northman---That is a good system/If yer going to be far from the bike!--(the silent phone alert is cool)--then you can whopp on somebodies face until unreconisable!)--But no matter what A PICK-up & 4-MEN & shes gone!,I dont care whats on it!--& you can bet they will cut the power just for this reason!.I have a hub-lock shaft with a hole in it for a lock & a chain!--Not going to make it easy for them!--Besides thats what new bikes are for!--You dont feel as bad if your EVOs gone--HELL thats MONEY coming your way for another REAL MACHINE!---Respectfully---RICHIE

Northman
Bikes: 1958 Fl

Post by Northman » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:45 pm

Yup, nothings 100% you gota go to sleep some time..... Thats what was going on down in Daytona one year I was there. pipe through front and rear and carried them away right on main street. I guess the owners were off buying body webs or sea shells.

This is more of a deturant and to notify me. I usually get off the bike and blend in quick watch from a distance then make my way back and stand with others next to the bike and they have no clue I'm there...LOL.(all the time) Don't get me wrong, I didn't post this or install one as a solution. I use hardened chains and pad locks as well ...and as a last resort another way.....
Carl

parts
Bikes: 1955 FLH Harley Davidson and 1945 LE sidecar, 1954 R68 BMW, 1979 HD FXEF.

Post by parts » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:20 pm

Hi everyone. I think this is my first post here. I found another security device that I use when I need to secure the bike outside. It is a large "steel ground anchor" available from McMaster-Carr Supply for $ 10.06 plus shipping.
You screw this into the ground and chain the bike to it. It is 4 feet long, made of 3/4" rod. I think they use these to anchor the end of the guy wires on telephone poles. I have used it 3 different times and screwing it in was surprisingly easy.
If you have a lot of rocks in the soil, your results may wary. Again, just another deterant, to make the theft more difficult. The item number is 6300A28. Tom from Mass.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”