Where Is My Post?

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Buzz Kanter
Bikes: Several Harleys & Indians

Where Is My Post?

Post by Buzz Kanter » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:37 pm

I am curious what happened to my post that I put up here a few days ago. It included a photo - does that mean it must be approved or ???

Curious how it works here.

Buzz Kanter

panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Re: Where Is My Post?

Post by panhead » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:28 pm

We have upgraded the forum.

Buzz Kanter
Bikes: Several Harleys & Indians

Post by Buzz Kanter » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:19 pm

I have recently returned from Milwaukee for Harley's 105th anniversary with my 1948 "Crustoration" Panhead we built and followed in American Iron Magazine.
aIMG_0320.jpg
I did not see another Panhead anywhere on the streets or parking lots of Milwaukee all week. Plenty of very nice ones in the new H-D Museum, buit no others on the street.

I was surprised by how many Harley owners did not have a clue what my bike was. Even the gray beards asked me what it was.

Buzz Kanter http://www.caimag.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

john HD
Bikes: '42 WLA X 2, '55FL, '93 Ultra Classic, '91 Fatboy, '97 883, '71 Suzuki Duster 125, '83 GPz 750.

Post by john HD » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:18 am

all the panheads were in davenport.

john :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1950 Bobber

Post by 1950 Bobber » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:50 am

Buzz...the grey beards didn't know what it was? That's rather surprising....was that at the bike event or down at the local coffee shop?? :roll:

At any rate...having a "grey beard" doesn't qualify you to know squat about motorcycles no more than than being a war hero means you'll make a good President :oops:

But that is a Gem of a motorcycle....did you get into the motor? And if so, does the mud on the tires make her go faster?

1950 Bobber

Post by 1950 Bobber » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:58 am

john HD wrote:all the panheads were in davenport.

john :mrgreen:
You might find out Buzz if you hang around here long enough that many, if not most here (I haven't taken a poll but you get the gist that it's pretty accurate) don't hold an opinion high enough to warrant participation in anything the Factory throws since the Factory gave up on US grey beards long ago! Anything more than 10 years old has been determined by the Factory Corp people to not be "economically prudent" to their profit gathering! 8)

At least NOT when Davenport holds so much more for us collectors and appreciative vintage riders. No disrespect, of course :roll:

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”