EASY RIDER PREquel

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
ArizonaMike

EASY RIDER PREquel

Post by ArizonaMike » Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm

Hello Easy Rider fans,

EASY RIDER II THE SCARLET CROSS, the prequel I talked about a few years ago is finally due to be released about the beginning of July! Once again it's a PREquel, beginning about the time of WW II, then leading up to the beginning of the original. The star is an unknown, but it's co-starring Sheree J. Wilson, who was in the TV series DALLAS and played the assistant prosecuter in WALKER TEXAS RANGER and Rance Howard (Ron's dad). Ron is not involved with this film. The bike builder and wrangler for the film (from whom I bought my Captain America running chassis from) says it's going to be great, from the preview he's seen! I hope so.

Pittsburgh Mike

kevsett
Bikes: 1964 FL

Re: EASY RIDER PREquel

Post by kevsett » Fri May 01, 2009 5:50 pm

I found the Sheree Wilson website for tentatively offered merchandise:

http://www.shereejwilson.com/scarletcross.htm

Maybe the dude with her in a T-shirt is one of the actors. Another shirt has what looks like a pic of Peter Fonda on the bike but it's hard to tell for sure that it's not a new actor playing his character at a younger age.

ArizonaMike

Post by ArizonaMike » Sat May 02, 2009 1:46 pm

The man in the picture on her site's not the star, just a model. The star is Phil Pitzer, 60, who does resemble Fonda. He's a semi-retired lawyer from Springfield Ohio, and one of the producers.

FlatHeadSix
Bikes: '31 VL, '34 VD, '45 WLA, '47 WL, '49 FL, '51 WL, '58 ST (Hummer), '71 GE (Servi)

Post by FlatHeadSix » Sat May 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Mike
So, they finished this movie in 2007 and now, 2 years later, they're going to release it?

just curious

mike

Kurt
Bikes: 1942 U
1942 WLA
1995 Ultra
2008 Ultra

Post by Kurt » Sat May 02, 2009 4:20 pm

Mike,

When I was in Europe, I watched a "new" movie....don't recall the name at the moment........on DVD. It released over a year later in the States in theaters.

Kurt

kevsett
Bikes: 1964 FL

Post by kevsett » Sun May 03, 2009 12:09 am

I've seen some pretty young looking 60 year old men and women but are you saying that the Peter Fonda character that is supposed to be a setting from a time before the original movie is being played by a 60 year old man? I'm lost.
PghMike wrote:The man in the picture on her site's not the star, just a model. The star is Phil Pitzer, 60, who does resemble Fonda. He's a semi-retired lawyer from Springfield Ohio, and one of the producers.

Ripley/Fla
Ex-member

Post by Ripley/Fla » Fri May 08, 2009 12:18 am

They can't leave well enough alone, can they?

ArizonaMike

Post by ArizonaMike » Sun May 10, 2009 4:34 pm

Sorry for being late; I was on vacation. Phil Pitzer, the star of this prequel is 60, but looks a lot younger. Hopefully he'll look the part. To answer the other question, yes, the movie's been in the works since 2007. It's gone through a few changes since the very first screening. New scenes have now been added, along with a soundtrack, and the movie's been re-edited to make the plot more understandable. When I saw it at that first screening, I had to admit to the the bike wrangler that I couldn't understand it and it wasn't good, although it was just a rough cut.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”