PANHEAD SHOP

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
lrcormier
Bikes: HD 52 FL

PANHEAD SHOP

Post by lrcormier » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:23 am

Hi everyone, new poster here. I live in San Diego and been riding since since 71 and have owned a HD since 72 (SUPERGLIDE), 73 FLH, 77 FLH, 82 FLH (still own the 82), and my main ride today is a 2005 GOLDWING. Anyway, I've owed a 52 PAN that's been in pieces in my garage for the last 27 years and recently got the itch to finely finish it. I need someone to finish the motor and need some recommendations for a good shop. I have three on my list that I'm considering, Phil's Cycleworld near L.A., Wayne's in Santee, and Stett's Iron Horse Ranch in El Cajon. I would appreciate any recommendations on a good shop within 125 miles of San Diego.
Louis

lovestory
Bikes: 52 fl

Re: PANHEAD SHOP

Post by lovestory » Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:00 am

dont know if long beach is close enough but Pat Leahy is a ruler

lrcormier

Post by lrcormier » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Thanks for your recommendation, Long Beach is only about a two hour drive from where I live and will check them out. Any other recommendations for SOCAL would be greatly appreciated, I understand most people probably do most work themselves and I consider myself a pretty good wrench but because I'm dealing with a motor that I've never had completely together I would like to have the final assembly completed by a shop that can verify proper tolerances and can verify proper fit and correct parts for gearing side of motor and oil pump and lifters. Any more recommendations out there?
Louis

socalpig
Bikes: 1960 FL

Post by socalpig » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:32 am

hi see you are on line but i cant figure the pm anyway in long beach pacific coast cycles i do not have the phone number on me but check the web talk to mike he is owner tell him will ferrel sent you :D

lrcormier

Post by lrcormier » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:10 am

Thanks for your recommendation, looks like the shop has been in business for over 30 years, looks like I may have to take a ride up to long beach and check out a couple of shops.
Louis

socalpig
Bikes: 1960 FL

Post by socalpig » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:19 am

i live in lbc and i have never heard of pat leahy can you give more details thanks

lrcormier

Post by lrcormier » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:52 am

Check out the article written about him in BIKE BAGGER magazine, you will probably have to copy and past the below address into your browser. Otherwise that's as much as I know.

http://www.baggersmag.com/features/0606 ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lovestory
Bikes: 52 fl

Post by lovestory » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:29 pm

been in the biz for 40 years
everything from 1% chops to top fuel drag bikes
remember that randy smith magnum?
legendary
if anyone has seen the history of chopppers there is a big segment on him

oh yeah he was also Evel Knievels mechanic!

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”