this site....

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
dbanana
Bikes: HD

this site....

Post by dbanana » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:01 pm

......is a great source of information......Thanks to all !!

Finally figured out how to re size pics and thought I would share a pic of my rider.It's like Johnny Cash's caddy........one piece at a time.......but the old '56 pan engine is a sweet runner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

panz4ever

Re: this site....

Post by panz4ever » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:41 pm

Nice looking. Appears you are running an FX style? battery box and heritage style? sissybar and luggage rack. Just kicker only? What mods did you have to do to run later passenger rest and luggage rack.

dbanana
Bikes: HD

Re: this site....

Post by dbanana » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Thanks panz4ever,

It's kick start only.
panz4ever wrote: What mods did you have to do to run later passenger rest and luggage rack.
lol....." I drilled it out so that it would fit "

JK.....that's just the way it was when I bought it. The frame is a '69 fl.....engine is a '56.....tanks and dash are '61-'62.....the rest i'm not sure on. The guy had it advertised as a 1969 panhead ???.....I've always wanted a panhead but could never afford one......but the guy just kept dropping the price until I only paid what I figured the engine and trans were worth. I had planned to put it in a hardtail frame with a wide glide front with the small front tire..etc....but once I got all the problems(or most of them anyway) fixed.....I started to like it just the way it is. The big Avon gangster on front sure makes it stable and smooth....and you can carry lots of tools and spare parts in the bags.
I am very surprised at how much torque the pan has for an engine that is 54 years old!!
Anyway, I know it's only a pieced together bike......someday I would love to have one that is original (or restored).....but for now I'm having a lot of fun fixing and riding this one.

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”