Create your own blog: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17487

Political? sorry

All other topics
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
55FL

Political? sorry

Post by 55FL » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:06 am

Sorry for being political/activist but today was the last straw. I'm here in California where until Pete Wilson, may he rot in hell slowly, there was no helmet law. Your head your choice.
I was given a ticket by a kid who had not been born when I started riding due to my "non DOT approved" skid lid.
I HATE this law. It torques me when I see someone riding with a full face helmet, tee shirt,shorts and flip flops but that's "legal" and then I get a sh** for a non DOT skid lid.
So long story short I'm going to fight the ticket on grounds. Don't have a clue yet but the LAW is beyond wrong.
And yes I have gone down hard and been hit hard but dammit it's my head.

Thanks for reading my rant

old1955
Bikes: 55FLE, 65FL

Re: Political? sorry

Post by old1955 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:51 am

G'day 55FL,

That old saying "Helmet Laws Suck" is right always has been! But you know its the Nanny State, Country, call it what you like, its here too.
The helmet law happened here around 74-5 and pushed by the helmet sellers of cause, who was importing US Bell Helmets at the time.

And this guy, Wilson co-sponsored the Civil Liberties Act of 1988. The bill was signed into law by President Ronny Raygun.
Now that's a joke, that he pushed that bill.

Opposition to insurance reform Wilson opposed all measures to enact insurance reform in California.
He opposed a successful ballot measure to roll back auto insurance rates, Proposition 103. The Agents and Brokers Legislative
Council stated in a late 1994 newsletter that it had “successfully obtained the governor’s signature on every sponsored legislative
proposal put forth in 1994.” Some attribute his support of the insurance industry to its $2.8 million in contributions to his campaigns.
I would never of guessed, yeah right!

I guess he's in their pocket, to put it nicely. Not that I know anything much of American politics. And thank you Wikipedia.

Pete

Cotten

Post by Cotten » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:52 pm

Folks,

Your energies are better spent supporting your local motorcyclists' rights organizations, than upon a rant here, because you are just preaching to the choir!

....Cotten

kevsett
Bikes: 1964 FL

Post by kevsett » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Sometimes it's good to keep the choir on their toes or just get the positive affirmation they send back. I'm with you on the helmet laws. To me it falls right there with states rights and our federal government. Let those that ride decide (other than minors). I do agree on joining a local area motorcycle rights group.

Cotten

Post by Cotten » Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:17 pm

There's no doubt we need to stay informed,
when there is real news,..

But shouldn't we take this to "General Topics"?

....Cotten
(AMA and ABATE of ILL since '87 or so...)

Return to “General/Miscellaneous topics”