Dual cam brake

Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
haggis

Dual cam brake

Post by haggis » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:29 am

Hi Guys,
Spoke to Kurt today @45parts depot, told me there is a L.H.S dual cam front brake (similar to their 45 one) in the works for the hydra Glide front end. ETA sometime next year. I for one would like to get get my hands on one of those baby's..........anyone else interested?
Perhaps if we can get enough interest together and bombard the Crap out of poor Kurt with E-mails he can light a fire under the manufacturer ;D
Maybe we could get them by spring!!! Haggis.

DuoDave

Re: Dual cam brake

Post by DuoDave » Fri Nov 07, 2003 11:55 am

Sounds like a winner to me. At the moment, I reckon the front brake lever is only there to give you something to keep you occupied while you wait to smack into whatever is in front of you. :o

dirtydistrict
Bikes: 2010 road king at the moment. Won't last long

Post by dirtydistrict » Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:34 pm

Oh Yes i'am for sure ; just to cure my suicidal tendencies riding the baby around Paris, no more holes in my shoes.

dereborn
Bikes: .

Post by dereborn » Sat Nov 08, 2003 12:23 pm

It's a really cool thing! However, I was at the annual "Oldschool cho & bobber run" early this summer, and met a couple of guys who put the dual cam brakes on their springers. They said that the stopping power had changed from "Nothing" to something like "Almost noticeable", so it seems there's still no risc of locking up the front wheel... I guess it's just a matter of keeping your hopes of improvement at the right level!

Trevor

Post by Trevor » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:30 pm

Hi!
I once fitted a Norton front wheel and hub with a Tickle TLS brake, well thought of over here in UK on older rocker bikes, to my '60 Dou. It was not much better than the Harley and in fact the drum got so hot the grease evacuated through the felt seal. Might try fitting it to my KH when finished as the weight will be less. Now toying with the thought of obtaining a complete Guzzi twin disc and mounting hardware to operate as per Guzzi, i.e: brake pedal operating one disc front and rear with the hand lever adding the other disc when needed. Arthritis getting hold
Regards to all, Trevor

Return to “Brakes”