Duo-Glide rear brake tee bolts

Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
peteh

Duo-Glide rear brake tee bolts

Post by peteh » Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:01 pm

I'm in the process of changing my rear brake back to drum-round swingarm from disc-square swingarm. I've got the proper steel brake lines and tee fitting. Question is what does the tee fitting bolt to? Ive looked at all the pix I can find but cant find a good enough closeup to see where the tee bolts up.

panfreak
Panhead Register Member

Re: Duo-Glide rear brake tee bolts

Post by panfreak » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:02 am

Hey Pete,
I wasn't clear on the stock location either, but I attached it to front left trans plate mounting bolt. This tucked it neatly out of site behind the inner primary, and was in line with my brake light wire routing. Works for me.... hope this helps. Oh yah, I also had to bend the tab on my tee so that it was 90' to the tee body, this put it in an upright position which made it fit nicely. Some I think come that way, but mine required some personal modification to mount it in this location due to clearance issues with the primary and rear chain.

RussW
Bikes: 1961 FL
2007 Kaw. Vulcan 2000

Post by RussW » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:17 am

As I remember, the tee bolted to a bracket on the frame in front of the primary cover, behind the kick stand bracket.

62wild1

Post by 62wild1 » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:18 am

I have my 62 torn down if you would like a picture. It is fairly clear and shows the location.

Return to “Brakes”