Reversing Throttle

Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
puttin

Reversing Throttle

Post by puttin » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:33 pm

Has anybody out there used a Hummer Throttle assembly to reverse from push to pull?? I hear all is same except dirrection. I want to put a CV or a Bendix carb on my Pan and retain the internal Throttle assemby. Thanks Mick Inniss :?

panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Post by panhead » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:43 am

ozwick86
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: '59 Pan FLHF

RE: Pull Throttle

Post by ozwick86 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:20 am

puttin,

Try this link.

I found this link at the Perry Ruiter website regarding pull style throttle sleeve.

http://www.ruiter.ca/mc/info/PanThrottleGripSleeve.html

puttin

Post by puttin » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:57 pm

Thanks Mark I apprieciate the info and number Thanks again Mick Inniss :wink:

VT

Post by VT » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:41 am

I found out later, that the reverse throttle sleeve (spiral) you're talking about wasn't Hummer. I don't think Hummer had the same diameter handlebars. Anyway that "reverse" spiral was actually made by Harley for the Servi-Car, for right-hand tank shift set-ups. The spiral 56220-58 is the "pull" type and yep, it's used for Bendix, etc. Although, whether you'd used the (-53) "push" type or the (-58) "pull" type would depend on which direction your coil and control wire came from. On a Bendix, with the rear positioned butterfly, you'd use the "pull" type (-58) if the coil/control wire came in from the top. If the coil came up from the bottom, to connect to the carburetor, you'd use the 56220-53 "push" type. The -53 "push" type is available from http://nosparts.com/ but not the -58. V-Twins work that come with their complete handlebar sets, you'd think. I tired to get JW to tell me how they fixed the ones with too small (metric diameter) of a core diameter, but he didn't reply to my question.
Those are the facts as I know them to be, today on June 30, of the year 2006. Vol. 2 has some '54-74 handlebar stuff in it.

Return to “Carburetor/Fuel system”