Passenger footpeg question

Chassis, frame, instruments, fenders etc.
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
64DUOGLIDE

Passenger footpeg question

Post by 64DUOGLIDE » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:18 am

64fl_001.jpg
I rebuilt and rode a 1950 chopped pan a few years, years back. Just brought home this beauty. Mostly original, I am the third owner and know the history back to 1974. As far as I know, the engine and trans has never been apart, at least not since 1974!
My question is about passenger foot pegs, I put a modern seat on, removed the rear bars and toolbox (both original) and am having trouble finding/fitting passenger footrests. My kids and wife are chomping at the bit for a ride! I ordered a set of 1" clamp on pegs to mount to the rear frame uprights and the *&^%#&$* will not tighten enough to stay in position. Looking for advice, pictures etc... of a solution.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

xnoahx

Re: footpeg question

Post by xnoahx » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:02 am

you could try cutting up a soda can and wrapping it around the frame where you are clamping the foot pegs. This will maybe help them fit a little more snug

RussW
Bikes: 1961 FL
2007 Kaw. Vulcan 2000

Re: footpeg question

Post by RussW » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:33 am

When I had a rear seat on my '61 (just run a solo now), I used a set of foot peg mounting clevises threaded for 3/8-24 bolts on the bottom shock mount studs. You may have to try a few thin washers to get them so that when they are tightened up, the peg will fold into an "up" position. Usually run about $25/set, then use whatever foot pegs you like.

Return to “Chassis, Frame & Instruments”