Buddy seat grab bar

panoply

Buddy seat grab bar

Post by panoply » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:30 pm

Hey All,

I'm trying to find out what year(s) a single bar style buddy seat grab bar would be correct for. I've read some books, including Palmer's, but noone seems to know for sure. I've been told that it may be correct for a '57 only, another *expert* said it is correct for a '59.
This site has a lot of helpful information, thanks for all the input.

Cotten

Re: Buddy seat grab bar

Post by Cotten » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:51 am

I thought Palmer cited it as '49 only. (My copy is at the shop.)
Need one? Will trade a freshly chromed one for Schebler or Indian Linkert hardware.
(And not to be confused with Indian seat rails that used clamping brackets to connect the members. Will trade for one of those as well.)

panoply

Post by panoply » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:03 pm

Thanks for the offer Cotten, I have a nice shiny one though. Sent it out along with my dash bezel to test a chrome guy. Eventually I want seat and rail to be stock on my '59. I'm guessing this grab bar is not the one.

PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL custom
58 FL
76 FLH All Original

Post by PanPal » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:52 pm

The single buddy seat rail appears in many pictures of 59 and 60 bikes claiming to be original. I am not convinced that it is not correct for a 59. I use Palmer as reference often, BUT, I have been told not everything is on the money in his book. I did not confirm weather or not he stated that they were 49 only. (My book is at home also) I would like to see more input on this one. I have a guy asking me when I am going to put that single rail on because it is correct for 59.

Return to “Seat”