Bullett Light Repair Problem

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Ripley/Fla
Ex-member

Bullett Light Repair Problem

Post by Ripley/Fla » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:06 am

I think I just got Ebayed! I picked up a nice set of original bullett lights. Unfortunately the wires were cut flush with the body and I was not bright enough to notice this fact. I did a search and the only repair was cutting off the rivets, rewiring, and then re-riveting. Has anybody attempted this repair? Or, how does re-riveting work out? The search gave me a lead for the rivets, I am unsure of tooling as the smashed side is inside the light. Thanks for any info and thanks to all of you who help on this sight!

panheadz

bullitt lights

Post by panheadz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:02 pm

i have rebuilt quite a few lights and havent had to remove any rivets take light apart pull wire out the front of the bulb recepticle with washer and wire end and save pieces use solder gun or small torch and remove old wire end and solder on new proper wire pull washer on from end of wire put bend in end of wire and insert thru front of socket using dental pick and curved needlenose pliers work wire thru hole and feed and pick and pull wire around back of socket and try not to swear too much. it may take a few times, clean the frayed cloth off the end of the wire. make sure you have enough wire to reach your wire panel.after the first one it wont be so bad just take your time.

Ripley/Fla
Ex-member

Post by Ripley/Fla » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:17 pm

Thanks for the info. I was going to buy a 'junk' one as a test subject, but I will tackle the good ones with your advice.

Return to “Electrical”