Need Non-Insulated WIre Terminals & Crimp Tool

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
VT

Need Non-Insulated WIre Terminals & Crimp Tool

Post by VT » Tue May 17, 2005 11:28 pm

My supplier (Metric Man) for the greatest wire terminals on earth is out of business. They were metric terminals, but you could hog-out the ring terminals to fit on SAE terminal posts. The nice thing about the terminals were that two rear tangs gripped the wire's insulation and another two tangs gripped the wire strands. I'll post a pix of them. The thought of having to use blue-collar terminals that you crush with pliers is appalling. What a revolting development this turned out to be. :?

All is well now. The crimp tool and terminals are now available. 8)

Sadist

Post by Sadist » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:05 pm

I'm a big fan of the terminals available from ANCOR, these are marine grade terminals and are available in double crimp, single crimp and single / heatshrink.

I use the double crimp terminals and the double crimp tool, then use heatshrink sleeve with adhesive.

VT

Post by VT » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:04 pm

Any pix available of the terminal before it gets crimped? The smallest they have with metric man is #8. We need a #6 as well.

Sadist

Post by Sadist » Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:01 pm

http://www.ancorproducts.com/Products/C ... pdf/38.pdf

The above link oughta do..

The big marine chain stores, like West Marine, Boat US, and others stock this stuff.. The wire is awesome as well, all 100% tinned, (dream to solder)

Sadist

Return to “Electrical”