Create your own blog: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17487

Turn Signals? (other Electrical and Myrtle Fall Rally)

Electrical issues
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
CaptMike
Bikes: 1998 Roadglide, 1957 FLH

Turn Signals? (other Electrical and Myrtle Fall Rally)

Post by CaptMike » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm on the fence... Should I add/install turn signals or not? On my '98 Roadglide I have the Skull tag bolts and considered putting the turn signal rear lights as tag bolts. Naturally none is the easiest. I also toyed with the idea of two '59 Cadillac tail lights side by side on the rear fender. Yea, really. ( o )( o )

For the guys that have done their own wiring harness, what wrap did you use? After stripping two Ford harnesses that I used in 427 Cobra replicas, I'm just not a big fan of Sticky Ass tape over a wiring harness. (Yes, I know WD-40 works wonders in removing the goog left.) Has anyone found a supplier for the fabric covering?

I bought a really nice Hitachi Generator this week a 65b. I checked it on the '57 Cases and it will work but I'd need to grind on the generator a small amount of clearance at the distributor boss but... Looks like the V-Twin short block will be going in the frame for now and the 65 b will Not Work. (It has S&S cases and it's just to "Beefy" so I need a 65a generator. I don't mind grinding on a generator but not an engine case.) Anyone tried the Cheap Ass Chinese generators? The quality of the ones I've seen look similar to a single use bote anchor.

What ignition switch works good. The old H-D switch is/was built like a tank. I've seen some of the new "electronic" but I'm doubting the durability. (New RePop, Old, New CAC electronic?)

And anyone coming to the Fall Rally at Myrtle Beach? I'm just across the Inter-coastal Water Way from North Myrtle.

Return to “Electrical”