Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 12:33 am
- Bikes: 1954 pan
hi out there.anyone know what years they used straight slot screws and what year they went to phillips screws on the panhead trans lid? check your originals for me please and thanks in advance.
- Posts: 4747
- Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:09 am
- Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...
I believe '51 was the change over year on the screws. Phillips from '51 on.
- Posts: 3338
- Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:54 pm
- Bikes: 1958flh 1969sporty,had a knuckle but sold back to original owner
- Location: NEW JERSEY
ROBBIE is right on, I looked at my 44 tranny (slotted screws), my 58 has (phillips)!---Richie
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 6:10 pm
- Bikes: Franken pan, '49 frame, '50 FL transmission, S&S cases,cylinders, '46 knuck forks, assigned VIN
- Location: Palmdale, Ca
yep, my '50 trans has the slot heads, later pans had the phillips, the 1970 FLH I had came with the allens