Torque specifications engine sprocket nut and clutch hub nut

Transmission, clutch, chains and belts
Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
pumper

Torque specifications engine sprocket nut and clutch hub nut

Post by pumper » Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:39 am

Description: What are the torque specs. for the engine sprocket nut and clutch hub nut on a 52 pan?

What are the torque specs. for the engine sprocket nut and clutch hub nut on a 52 pan? Shop manual said to just tighten. Also, When putting the mainshaft oil seal back in the nut. Is the order rubber seal, washer, spring, washer, then spring clip ? I know this all sounds stupid, but the old part was cork and was broken apart when I took it off. Thanks Vintage Twin for your help in the past. Pumper

VintageTwin
Panhead Register Member
Bikes: '46 Knuck. '57 Panhead, '59 Panhead

Re: Torque specifications engine sprocket nut and clutch hub

Post by VintageTwin » Mon Mar 31, 2003 4:29 pm

80 ft. lbs on the motor sprocket nut. 120-150 ft. lbs. on the transmission drive sprocket nut. Drive the separate pieces out of the clutch hub nut and install two of the rubber seals stacked on top of each other (numbers face outward). Be careful not to knock the circular spring out of each seal in doing so. My opinion is that everyone that owns a '48-64 Pan should own our book, and Palmers, and the gray '54 Spare Parts book (covers Knuckles) and the '57 Parts book, and the OEM '59-69 service manual, and the Clymer manual. That's six books that you need. A couple hundred dollars in books, but their for your machine.

Return to “Transmission, Clutch, Belt & Chains”