Open Clutch

wyskay
Bikes: Harley-Davidson Roadking twincam
HD. FL 53 Panhead

Open Clutch

Post by wyskay » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 pm

Sorry anybody know anything about this open clutch?.
img6070zs.th.jpg
p1060644ot.th.jpg
Type, trademark, year, or any information? I need information to cheek it.
Regards:
Wys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

panfreak
Panhead Register Member

Re: Open Clutch

Post by panfreak » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:21 pm

I've never seen one like this before, therefore cannot be certain it isn't in fact available through a supplier. I suspect since no one has replied that it may be a one-off custom job which, if that were the case, doesn't look that difficult to make. The only challenge I see on this one might be how to replicate the adjusting nut detent nubs manufactured into the common steel retainers, the pressure plate itself would be straight forward. I'm going to save these photos as it looks cool and might be a fun project to make, but thats just my opinion for whatever it's worth, someone may yet come up with a source for you.

wyskay
Bikes: Harley-Davidson Roadking twincam
HD. FL 53 Panhead

Post by wyskay » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:56 pm

panfreak wrote:I've never seen one like this before, therefore cannot be certain it isn't in fact available through a supplier. I suspect since no one has replied that it may be a one-off custom job which, if that were the case, doesn't look that difficult to make. The only challenge I see on this one might be how to replicate the adjusting nut detent nubs manufactured into the common steel retainers, the pressure plate itself would be straight forward. I'm going to save these photos as it looks cool and might be a fun project to make, but thats just my opinion for whatever it's worth, someone may yet come up with a source for you.
Thanks for you reply if you need more pictures or any other thing i can send to you by private. I suppose that the torque adjust will be the same than other similar?. I´m trying in other forum too, if i found answers i posted it here.
Regards:
Wys

RussW
Bikes: 1961 FL
2007 Kaw. Vulcan 2000

Post by RussW » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:15 pm

Looks like the spring collar could be a "Tamer Super Spring Collar Assembly". The pressure plate looks like an aluminum pressure plate that has been machined into the "star" design.
http://www.newdawninc.com/Midwest_CD/07-053.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CaptMike
Bikes: 1998 Roadglide, 1957 FLH

Post by CaptMike » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Yes sir, (IMO) that's a One Off Part made by the owner. Look at the other parts on the bike that have been made. My guess is the owner is a Machinist. It's possible to have one made (I'm sure). Any other information on the bike?

Return to “Clutch”