Description: What years were either the Black or White composite "Kidney" style saddlebags used?
Post by Sausage on Jan 12, 2004, 11:22pm
What years were either the Black or White composite "Kidney" style saddlebags used?
Thank You again.
Post by 62DuoGlide on Jan 12, 2004, 11:51pm
The Royalite bags were first introduced in '54. They came in black only, with the "speedball" trim pieces. They changed the trim to the "Star-Trek" emblems in '58. Somewhere in there they added the white bags. They were available until '63 with the "jet" profile trim. . In '64 they introduced the fiberglass bags. Hope this helps,... 62 DuoGlide
Post by Sausage on Jan 13, 2004, 12:21am
Thank You so much!
I really like the Royalite saddlebags alot. Preferably in Black.
There is a pic on page 5 center top of a 1962 Duo-Glide in Black or possibly Navy with the Black Royalite bags and front disc brakes and two arcing saddlebag braces. Absolutley Stunning!
Shown below is a 1963 FLH example with Headlight Naccel, Signal Lights, and in my opinion a subtle amount of the color white on the top on the Tanks and grips of which seems to compliment the Black very well.
Do you have signal lights on you 1962 Dou-Glide? If so, factory offering or after market?
Thank You again!
Post by DuoDave on Jan 13, 2004, 1:25am
The white Royalite bags were introduced in 1959.
Sausage - you will find Greg Fields books on Panheads an invaluable source of information.
Post by suicideshovel65 on Jan 13, 2004, 3:06am
I'm searching for a set of the Buco hard bags that have the two lights set into the rear of each bag. Very Buck Rogers!
Have seen a couple on eBay including a mint set that I missed due to the timing of a flight back to Australia in December...grrrr
They mount similarly to the kidney bags I believe.
I'll need them to carry tools at the rate I'm going!
Post by 62DuoGlide on Jan 14, 2004, 1:20pm
Sausage said : "There is a pic on page 5 center top of a 1962 Duo-Glide in Black or possibly Navy with the Black Royalite bags and front disc brakes and two arcing saddlebag braces. "
Yeah Sausage, that's my '62. It's black, and it has re-pop bullet lights. They are just running lights and not used for signals. I prefer hand signaling, although newer riders think I'm waving to them. The rear bullets are dual filiment and I have them wired to the brake light, effectively brightening my stops. I also run a pair of bullets under the seat that come on during braking also.
I'm in the process of restoring a set of Royalites and will have them for sale in a couple of months.
Panheads Forever ! 62DuoGlide
Post by dirtydistrict on Jan 14, 2004, 1:40pm
yeah, I've got these royalite saddlebag, they were in a very bad condition; most of the job have been done with...an hairdryer to reform the shape and some fiberglass for holes.
Post by suicideshovel65 on Jan 15, 2004, 3:48am
Yep, they're the ones! Thanks for the heads-up.
I've emailed the seller to see if they'll ship overseas.
I'm actually after a set with more conical lenses, but these will do as a starter set, as I reckon the other lenses will be available elsewhere.
Post by BigMike on Jan 15, 2004, 9:33pm
Durnit SS65! let's not get into a bidding war on those bags, they would really look sweet on my '64! I've got a great set of the square edged glass bags, but those ones linked look really slick.
Post by suicideshovel65 on Jan 16, 2004, 3:28am
I like'em because they're Buck Rogers - really '50s type style, which is where I'm trying to take my Pan custom at the moment. I'd paint 'em gloss black, which is why I don't mind the paint on these.
Message me if you really are going to bid on them though - I haven't had a response on whether or not the vendor will ship internationally or not yet.
Post by BigMike on Jan 16, 2004, 4:09pm
I/M sent, if he won't ship overseas, I (or somebody else here) will hook you up.
If anybody here needs the 64 to 80? fiberglass bags, there is a guy with a fiberglass shop in the same complex as my shop who makes them for a reasonable price, white, black, painted, whatever. you provide your own hardware. (available from the usual sources). the bags can be as original, heavy fiberglass, or even carbon fiber. they are exact match, he used my original bags to make the mold.
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Panhead & Flathead
- ↳ Panhead
- ↳ Flathead and Servicar
- ↳ Knucklehead
- ↳ Shovelhead
- ↳ Indians & other models
- ↳ Indians
- ↳ Projects
- ↳ The Gallery
- ↳ Classifieds
- ↳ Bikes For Sale
- ↳ Bikes Wanted
- ↳ Parts For Sale
- ↳ Parts Wanted
- ↳ Trade/Swap/Other Stuff
- ↳ Commercial Ads
- ↳ Innovative Flow Technologies
- ↳ Multimedia
- ↳ Meetings & Events
- ↳ Helpdesk
- Knowledge Base
- ↳ Knowledge Base
- ↳ General topics
- ↳ Identification
- ↳ VIN / Cases
- ↳ Frame / Transmission
- ↳ Brakes
- ↳ Carburetor/Fuel system
- ↳ Linkert
- ↳ S&S
- ↳ Chassis, Frame & Instruments
- ↳ Electrical
- ↳ Exhaust
- ↳ Forks/Shocks
- ↳ Ignition
- ↳ Motor
- ↳ Top End
- ↳ Bottom End
- ↳ Gear Case / Cams
- ↳ Lubrication System
- ↳ Transmission, Clutch, Belt & Chains
- ↳ Wheels, Hubs & Tires
- ↳ Accessories
- ↳ Troubleshooting
- ↳ Documentation
- ↳ Shop Manuals
- ↳ 1903-1951 Part Numbers Cross Reference Manual
- ↳ 1940 - 1947 OHV and Side Valve Engine Models Service Manual
- ↳ 1948 - 1957 Panhead Service Manual
- ↳ 1958-1959 Duo-Glide Service Manual
- ↳ 1959 - 1969 Service Manual
- ↳ 1940 - 1952 Operation and Maintenance Manual, Model 42 WLA Solo, Civilian Models WL & G
- ↳ Servi-Car Rider Hand Book
- ↳ Technical Manual No. 9-879
- ↳ Technical Manual No. 9-1829A
- ↳ Motorcycle Mechanics Handbook
- ↳ 1929 - 1952 45" Engine Overhaul Manual
- ↳ Spare Parts Catalogs
- ↳ 1922 - 1926 Spare Parts
- ↳ 1940 - 1942 WLA Spare parts list Solo
- ↳ 1941 to 1954 Spare Parts Catalog
- ↳ 1941 - 1984 Parts Catalog
- ↳ TM-10-1482 Parts List Solo Model WLA
- ↳ 1940-1952 WL & G parts
- ↳ Factory Information
- ↳ 91830-54 Oil level gauge
- ↳ Circuit Breaker Protection for Electra-Glide Electrical System
- ↳ Conversion of 3-brush generator to 2-brush generator for greater output
- ↳ Direction signal lamps instructions
- ↳ Flasher Kit (68541-61) instruction sheet
- ↳ Front Fender Lamp Kit (59260-68) Instruction Sheets
- ↳ H-D Service Bulletin 462A Speedometers
- ↳ Hose and Electrical Cable Routing 1965 Electra-Glide
- ↳ M-0418 Conversion of 3-Brush to 2-Brush Gen Greater Output
- ↳ Special Service Tools
- ↳ Tank alignment tool
- ↳ The Harley-Davidson Combination Straightening and Aligning Table (Service Dept. Bulletin No. 87)
- ↳ Winter windshield kit
- ↳ WLA uncrating assembly instructions
- ↳ 1935 Rider's Hand Book
- ↳ 1929 Rider's Hand Book
- ↳ Specifications and Instructions for 1948 WR
- ↳ 1929 Harley-Davidson Inspected & Approved Accessories
- ↳ 1932 Spring & Summer Catalog Harley-Davidson Accessories
- ↳ Wiring diagrams/Electrical
- ↳ 1940 to early 1947 model sidecar
- ↳ 1946 Wiring diagram
- ↳ 1947 Wiring Diagrams
- ↳ 1948 Wiring diagram
- ↳ 1948 Wiring routing
- ↳ 1949 - 1954 Wiring diagram
- ↳ 1949 - 1958 74"OHV -- 1958 Servi-Car Wiring Diagram for 68600-49a Spotlamps
- ↳ 1949 Wiring (pictures)
- ↳ 1955 - 1957 (Radio Special) Wiring diagram
- ↳ 1955 - 1957 Wiring diagram
- ↳ 1960 Duo-Glide Wiring Diagram
- ↳ 1961 - 1964 Duo-Glide Wiring Diagram
- ↳ 1965 - 1967 Electra-Glide Wiring Diagram
- ↳ 32E generator diagram
- ↳ Autolite Spark Plug Cross Reference
- ↳ Converting the Harley Davidson Model 32E generator 6-Volt 3-brush to a 2-brush, 12-Volt
- ↳ Custom-Cycle transistor ignition for dual sparkplug
- ↳ Delco-Remy D-R 1118200 regulators
- ↳ Delco-Remy D-R standard type three unit waterproof regulator
- ↳ Delco-Remy D-R standard type two- and three unit regulators
- ↳ Delco-Remy Regulator Test Specifications
- ↳ Generator Field Switch
- ↳ Magneto wiring 6V & 12V, without battery
- ↳ Mallory Unilite distributor installation instructions
- ↳ Spark plug reference chart
- ↳ Voltage Regulator and Generator troubleshooting
- ↳ Wiring diagrams
- ↳ WLA Ignition Switch
- ↳ WLA Ignition switch wiring
- ↳ WLC wiring diagram
- ↳ Articles / Other Info
- ↳ Easyriders Tech Tips & Tricks
- ↳ Miscellaneous
- ↳ Books
- ↳ T-shirts