Forum rules
Please do not start new topics here, but here: New Panhead and Flathead topics
panwars
Bikes: 61FL in a late 49 frame.
59FLH almost stock

Single exhaust

Post by panwars » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:41 am

Description: Any brand suggestions are welcome

Hey everyone. The sun is out and I am too sick to ride Sometimes ya just can't win!

Question of the day is.....I want to run stock single exaust (two into one) on my 49 with brake crossover tube and don't know what to buy.
Some brands state they will fit with brake crossover removed or swingarm (hydraulic brake) only. Others don't specifiy.
Ebay is loaded with NOS pipes etc. Were they actually different between rigid and swingarm? It sure looks tight between the trans and the crossover tube and my trans is pretty far back. I also run the new style heavy kicker cover, and don't know if it is bigger or not.
Any brand suggestions are welcome or any thoughts at all. My frame is all stock and I want to mount a stock tool box, (have drag pipes in the way now).

Thanks, Scott

fourthgear

Re: Single exhaust

Post by fourthgear » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:43 pm

panwars
You can try N.O.S. parts for original stuff , if you e-mail them with your needs they will let you know if they have it and how much .www.nosparts.com will get to there web sight , they are very helpful.Right now I have a Bills Custom Cycle catalog in front of me and he has every thing but the muffler for $ 155.00 for 1948-1957 or 1958-1964 for same price not sure if its org. but he seems to know whats up.www.billscustomcycles.com , hope the info helps. good luck

gordon

Post by gordon » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:38 am

Panwars,
You might also want to try a 2 into one set from paughco, the j&p vintage catalog volume 3 has a set on page 63 from paughco for 116.99 part # 440-259. I'm sure if you called paughco direct they could tell you if this system will fit a rigid frame with a brake crossover shaft or not, Theyed probley also know if it would clear your heavy duty kicker cover.
hope this helps.

Rammy

Post by Rammy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:32 pm

Panwars,
I agree with Gordon . Paughco is a good outfit, I have the two into one pipes from them , great quality and good fit. They also have many early pan exhaust sistems to choose from ;D

Return to “Exhaust”