Joe Hunt Magneto Question

All ignition related articles
CaptMike
Bikes: 1998 Roadglide, 1957 FLH

Joe Hunt Magneto Question

Post by CaptMike » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:55 am

OK... In many of my missing parts. Jimmy had taken apart the Magneto and it's missing a few important parts. Like the Rotor and Points Plate. What I need to figure out before I order the Points plate is it a Right hand or Left Hand? I would guess that it's "Standard". Any ideas other than look at the end gear and compare it to some pictures on the web?

ODDitsODD
Bikes: Pan
Shovel
flat

Re: Joe Hunt Magneto Question

Post by ODDitsODD » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:55 am

I sent mine in to Joe Hunt... They re build for the cost of parts... Well they did mine... In 2005..

ODD

CaptMike
Bikes: 1998 Roadglide, 1957 FLH

Post by CaptMike » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:19 pm

And That's Not A Bad Idea.

I was around this bike (my pals, now mine) for a good many years and even rode it a day or two when my scoot was broke 32+ years ago. I don't remember it being difficult to crank with the Mag. (I did have a Sportster stroker that Was a Bear). One of my concerns now is No Timing Advance. Those of you who have a Magneto are you satisfied with the cranking and running of your bike?

PanPal
Bikes: 50 EL custom
58 FL
76 FLH All Original

Post by PanPal » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:53 pm

I have a Morris G5 that has an auto snap action advance. It likes a slow push through kick and starts on the first or second kick cold or hot now. Another member (Kuda) had one also and I think he was not happy with it after running it for a while. If I didn't already own it I would be running the standard circuit breaker. Never had a Joe Hunt though.

Return to “Ignition”