Thanks for post feature available again: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17581

Fork Slider Bushings

Information on forks/springers/shocks
panz4ever

Fork Slider Bushings

Post by panz4ever » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:12 pm

Anyone have a good place they would recommend for replacing upper and lower fork slider bushings. Finally got around to pulling my tubes apart and what was left of any oil was the color of caramel ice cream that had been sitting in the sun to melt. I live in the San Francisco bay area, so the closer the better but....that being said if there is nothing close I will obviously ship. The tubes are the correct ones for my 49 so I would like to repair them and not replace them.

I have heard that Mas Classics in Buena Park, Ca does the work; also understand that Bill's Custom Cycles (mid-west) also does the repairs. Recommendations welcomed along with feedback on the two already mentioned.

fourthgear

Re: Fork Slider Bushings

Post by fourthgear » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:22 pm

I think "Franks " is on that side of the country , not sure . I sent mine to " Bills Cycles " in PA. and am quite happy with them . I've got well over 10K on them & no problems at all . Once I found the right fork oil they have been great. I would send your tubes with them & Bills sells them , Franks sells good tubes from what I've heard . I think there is a thread about forks just recently , viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5282. See if that helps ya.

VT

Post by VT » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:02 pm

Stett replaces the upper and lower bushings in San Diego.
http://stettsironhorseranch.com/
Don't email them. Call.

panz4ever

Post by panz4ever » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:33 pm

VT, gonna call Stetts today; fourth gear, thanks for the post on the thread from 51 Hog...great info.

Return to “Forks/Shocks”