Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
theory behind the gas travel paths
All flathead topics
- Posts: 865
- Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:10 pm
- Bikes: 2008 96" Fat Boy TC
- Location: Lynbrook, New York
- Been thanked: 84 times
The critical spot is where the outer edge of the valve seat fades into the relief. You should not feel anything when you slide your finger across, the relief replaces the factory machine cut.
- Posts: 5054
- Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:09 am
- Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...
- Has thanked: 11 times
- Been thanked: 486 times
These were the factory's specs for KR. Click on the pic and it will give you chopped off portion.
- KR relief specs.jpg (321.96 KiB) Viewed 83 times
- KR relief specs 2.jpg (307.17 KiB) Viewed 83 times
- Posts: 142
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:18 pm
- Bikes: 41 WLD, 47 WL, 51 G, 48 S, 53 STX, 55B, 56 ST, 57 FLH,60 BT, 61 BT, 62BTH
that's understood, but I really just needed to know, as I plan on using it on WL cylinders. I just thought of the 80 cylinders relief before thinking about the KR