Royalite Bubble Bag Guards

Mounting the guards on a stock original set up

All Panhead related topics
partshunt
Panhead Register Member

Royalite Bubble Bag Guards

Post by partshunt » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:45 am

Hello people, this topic is for those who have mounted stock original Bubble bag guards on 54 or later panhead. What I found was not enough room on the mount studs for the hairpin clip that hold the Bubble bags. Clip is easily installed with the bags only mounted. BUT, if you set the guards on, then the hole for the clip is under the guards and you cant install it back on. The mount stud has a cross pin to stop the bags,, I can only think of moving that pin in about 1/8 to 3/16". Any other sugestions, I really don't want to grind the Bag mounting clips but that would be another way to do it, thanks in advance including for what the original instructions called for... Joe

Larry
Bikes: -

Re: Royalite Bubble Bag Guards

Post by Larry » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:39 pm

My guards have set screws and I don't use the clips.

[attachment=0]DSC02195.JPG[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

partshunt
Panhead Register Member

Re: Royalite Bubble Bag Guards

Post by partshunt » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:53 pm

Yes, I found threaded holes for the set screws, thank you for that info, appreciated. I did not see them until I got your reply, thank you very much, problem solved. The forum is so great. I anticipated a lot of hassle, Thanks again..... Joe

Return to “Panhead”