Rear brake switch

All Panhead related topics
DaCs
Bikes: Panhead FL 1960

Rear brake switch

Post by DaCs »

Hi, maybe some of you remember me, im doing a 1961 panhead project and I update front and rear brakes to disc. Trying o use the correct year rear brake switch. I found that the one that uses a spring system is only up to 57, and the hydraulic system is after the 70s and 80s, but I did not find that any specific one is mentioned for 1961. I found that the one that uses a spring system is only up to 57, and the hydraulic one is after the 70's 80's, but I did not find that any specific one is mentioned for 1961. Can you help me to know which is the correct one for 1961? and besides the correct one for the year, which option would you use?

Regards

DaCs

RUBONE
Bikes: Multiple H-D, Ducati, BMW, Triumph, BSA,...

Re: Rear brake switch

Post by RUBONE »

All hydraulic braked H-Ds from '58 up use hydraulic switches. The originals mounted on a small tab behind the shifter/jiffy stand bracket area. The line crosses over by the front motor mount and then attaches to the switch junction block. From there the line goes to the loop on the frame near the swingarm where it changes to rubber line. The switch attaches to the top of the junction block. Do you not have a parts book?

DaCs
Bikes: Panhead FL 1960

Re: Rear brake switch

Post by DaCs »

Thanks for help Runone, I have but in my parts book dont appears the hydraulic switch, y believe it was just for shovelhead.

Regards

Return to “Panhead”