My 58 FL

Show or brag about your projects or rebuilds.
George Greer
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III

Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.

58 FL, engine, frame swingarm, gas tanks.
Location: Markt Einersheim, Bavaria. and soon to be back in the US, Portland Oregon

Re: My 58 FL

Post by George Greer » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:55 am

Hi all..........

As some of you know, I am not moving back to the US.

The daughter has moved back to Germany from Oregon, bought a house, car, got the grandchild in school. Just waiting on the house to close, and the container from the US with all the household goods and my motorcycle project to arrive.

Then........with all that said, my retirement begins on the 30th of November this year. So I will (hopefully), have the time to complete the hotrod WL/KH project, and finish the 58.

Its been a long tiring road to get to this point, but I think that it will alll work out shortly.

Once the dust has settled, and I get to, I will post photos of the FL project as it goes along. 1st thing I have to do is get the frame thru German TuV and get frame registered.

Youall take care............George

panhead
Site Admin
Bikes: 1954 FL

Post by panhead » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:40 pm

Keep us informed George!

hplhd
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1998 heritage springer

Post by hplhd » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:37 am

so the whole family will be close by now George. thanks for the pic and try to keep us updated. retiring huh? I have to look that word up in the dictionary :)

Buddhahoodvatoloco
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1969 FLF
1937 EL Sold
1949 rat bike Sold
1946 FL Sold

Post by Buddhahoodvatoloco » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:28 am

enjoy your new found home.
Yea TUV can be sticky, but your karma will come into play. trip, you gotta get a permit to drive old bikes.
Going back to Germany next year......

George Greer
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1942 WLA Type III

Hybrid WL/KH bobber project.

58 FL, engine, frame swingarm, gas tanks.
Location: Markt Einersheim, Bavaria. and soon to be back in the US, Portland Oregon

Post by George Greer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am

Buddhahoodvatoloco ,

Now Tuv is not as hard as it used to be.

When I got my WLA thru, I did not know that it was easy if you only took the frame down and got a VIN number on it FIRST. Plus it helps that the fellas at TuV, are mostly Harley / Bike fans.

My regular Germany drivers license is ( I can't spell the Germany word for it )... "Unlimited" for anything on 2 wheels.

Now that I know that, I am going to dis-assemble the "mock-up" assembly, and just take the frame with me and get a Germany VIN number stamped.

We are just waiting on a few formalities for my daughters house to close, and when the moving container from the US arrives on the 21st, she can move in.

My wife and I built our house in 02, and we live just south of Würzburg in Bavaria.

George

Buddhahoodvatoloco
Site sponsor
Site sponsor
Bikes: 1969 FLF
1937 EL Sold
1949 rat bike Sold
1946 FL Sold

Post by Buddhahoodvatoloco » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:30 am

George,
surprising it's that easy. A few guys I used to know had a bear of time getting the bikes off the docks.

I go to Sulzbach-Rosenberg and other places. Next year I think I will visit the Scandinavian countries. Keep us all posted.
George Greer wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 am
Buddhahoodvatoloco ,

Now Tuv is not as hard as it used to be.

When I got my WLA thru, I did not know that it was easy if you only took the frame down and got a VIN number on it FIRST. Plus it helps that the fellas at TuV, are mostly Harley / Bike fans.

My regular Germany drivers license is ( I can't spell the Germany word for it )... "Unlimited" for anything on 2 wheels.

Now that I know that, I am going to dis-assemble the "mock-up" assembly, and just take the frame with me and get a Germany VIN number stamped.

We are just waiting on a few formalities for my daughters house to close, and when the moving container from the US arrives on the 21st, she can move in.

My wife and I built our house in 02, and we live just south of Würzburg in Bavaria.

George

Return to “Projects”